Directions to Sedge Island Ecotour
Directions to Island Beach State Park and Sedge Island boat dock
Please note that the parking and the boat dock is roughly 8 miles from the main gate. Please plan your time accordingly – it will take an additional 10 to 15 minutes to reach the parking area, once you arrive at the park gate.
- Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 82 for Route 37 East / Toms River / Seaside.
- Follow Route 37 East toward Seaside Park. Cross over bridge.
- Bear right onto Route 35 South going toward Island Beach State Park. Follow to Island Beach State Park entrance and tollbooths. Arrive between 8:30 and 8:45AM in case of heavy summer traffic.
- Drive up to Island Beach State Park tollbooths – Go to the LEFT HAND tollbooth.
- When you arrive at the left hand tollbooth, inform the staff person that you are going to Sedge Island, across from parking area A-21. You should not be required to pay the park entrance fee.
- After going through the tolls, drive for approx. 8 mi. to parking area A-21 (it comes up on your left very soon after you pass the Interpretive Center).
- When you get to the A-21 parking area, turn LEFT into the parking area to park. Take all supplies that you will need for the day.
- DIRECTLY ACROSS from the A-21 parking area entrance is a sand road that you need to walk down. It is about ¼ mile walk and should take 5 minutes. It should be marked “Boat Launch/Winter Anchorage”.
- After 100 yards, take the LEFT fork marked “Official Vehicles Only”. (If you go straight, you will go to the wrong boat dock.)
- Go another 100 yards and turn RIGHT into the small parking lot at the dock. (If the road gets very sandy and overgrown you have gone too far.)
- Sedge Island and CWF staff will meet you at the boat dock.