Fish comprise 99% of the osprey’s diet. It typically takes fish weighing 5-10 ounces and about 10 to 14 inches in length.
Education is a vital component to protecting New Jersey’s wildlife. Our Speakers Bureau program allows us to share the stories of New Jersey’s rare wildlife with residents throughout the state and beyond. These stories inspire individuals to act on wildlife’s behalf and help us to keep New Jersey’s wildlife in our future.
The Speakers Bureau offers organized groups informative and entertaining 60-minute PowerPoint presentations highlighting New Jersey’s rare wildlife and how Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ works to protect them.
Groups can choose from a selection of topics including:
- New Jersey’s Endangered and Threatened Wildlife: An overview of New Jersey’s rare wildlife residents.
- Bald Eagles: Back from the Brink of Extinction
- Peregrine Falcons: Flying High in New Jersey
- An Incredible Journey: Shorebird Migration
- New Jersey’s Rarest Reptiles and Amphibians
- Bats of New Jersey
- Marine mammals and sea turtles of New Jersey
- Wildlife Viewing: Where to see wildlife, responsible wildlife viewing, and how to report sightings of rare species.
- Wild New Jersey: Nature Adventures in the Garden State
A $200 donation to Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ is much appreciated for time and travel.
To schedule a presentation, Contact:
Charlene Smith, Program Coordinator: Email
Adopt a Species
Become a Member
Join Conserve Wildlife Foundation today and help us protect rare and imperiled wildlife for the future.