Fish comprise 99% of the osprey’s diet. It typically takes fish weighing 5-10 ounces and about 10 to 14 inches in length.
Education is a vital component to protecting New Jersey’s wildlife. Our Speakers Bureau program allows us to share the stories of New Jersey’s rare wildlife with residents throughout the state and beyond. These stories inspire individuals to act on wildlife’s behalf and help us to keep New Jersey’s wildlife in our future.
The Speakers Bureau offers organized groups informative and entertaining 60-minute PowerPoint presentations highlighting New Jersey’s rare wildlife and how Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ works to protect them.
Groups can choose from a selection of topics including:
- New Jersey’s Rare Wildlife: An Overview
- Bald Eagles: An All-American Recovery
- Peregrine Falcons: Flying High in New Jersey
- An Incredible Journey: Shorebird Migration
- New Jersey’s Rarest Reptiles and Amphibians
- Creature of the Night: The Bats of New Jersey
- Marine Mammals and Sea Turtles of New Jersey
- Wildlife Viewing: Where to see wildlife, responsible wildlife viewing, and how to report sightings of rare species
- Wild New Jersey: Nature Adventures in the Garden State
- American Kestrels: Our Smallest Falcon
- Bald Eagles of the Meadowlands
- New Jersey's Classic Seashore: Island Beach State Park
- From The Bahamas to New Jersey: The Shorebirds' Journey
- Winter Voyagers: The Seals of New Jersey
- Beach Nesting Birds: The Birds of Summer
- Film Screening: A Race Against Time - Shorebirds, Horseshoe Crabs, and Hurricane Sandy
- New Jersey's Fish Hawk: The Amazing Osprey
- Terrapin Station: The Diamondback Terrapin of the Saltmarsh
- Raptors of the Garden State: Bald Eagles, Ospreys and Peregrine Falcons
A $250 honorarium made out to Conserve Wildlife Foundation is requested for staff time and travel. Under certain circumstances, price adjustments may be offered. Please call CWF for more information.
To schedule a presentation, call:
Stephanie DAlessio, Director of Education
Adopt a Species
Become a Member
Join Conserve Wildlife Foundation today and help us protect rare and imperiled wildlife for the future.