Fish comprise 99% of the osprey’s diet. It typically takes fish weighing 5-10 ounces and about 10 to 14 inches in length.
Connecting the public with the incredible wildlife and nature all around us is a vital part of our mission. While social distancing may prevent in-person talks, our naturalists and biologists can still share the inspiring stories of rare wildlife through virtual presentations on Zoom or other online platforms.
Choose from the topics listed below - please note that specific dates will depend on the availability of each speaker.
Groups can choose from a selection of topics:
- Peregrine Falcons: Flying High in New Jersey
- New Jersey's Fish Hawk: The Amazing Osprey
- Raptors of the Garden State: Bald Eagles, Ospreys and Peregrine Falcons
- Bald Eagles: An All-American Recovery
- An Incredible Journey: Shorebird Migration
- Beach Nesting Birds: The Birds of Summer
- Barnegat Light Habitat Restoration: Building a Better Future for Piping Plovers
Reptiles & Amphibians
- New Jersey's Rarest Reptiles and Amphibians
- Terrapins and Tires: The Diamondback Terrapin of the Saltmarsh
- Snakes of the Garden State: Learning to Live with and Love Our Legless Friends
- Small, Secretive and Endangered: Bog Turtles
- The Story of Salamanders
- Creatures of the Night: The Bats of New Jersey
Any topic above can be customized or combined for a lunch-and-learn to engage your company's staff, management, clients, customers, or volunteers.
Presentations are made by CWF staff.
A minimum $250 honorarium made out to Conserve Wildlife Foundation is requested for staff time and travel. Under certain circumstances, price adjustments may be offered. Please call CWF for more information.
To schedule a presentation, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adopt a Species
Become a Member
Join Conserve Wildlife Foundation today and help us protect rare and imperiled wildlife for the future.